We're talking quintessential exotic adventure here.
morocco is a heady melange: arab and berber, french and portuguese, desert and mountain, endless beach and twisting medina, nobleman's riad and shepherd's tent.
really old and simply timeless.
Following wide-ranging exploration throughout this diverse North African region, we had to agree: it's even better than the Epcot version ... a long-time family fave. Who knew?
Finally Doug crafted the dream Moroccan adventure - a Toccati Edge adventure waiting to happen: an edge-pushing 4X4 trek exploring Morocco's High Atlas mountains, traversing the mid-Atlas region, and incorporating a couple of forays into the Sahara.
Good to know
- As conceived, the package consists of 13 days, 12 nights.
- Gather, experience Marrakech for a day and night before heading out
- Immerse and challenge yourself over 11 days, 10 nights of trekking
- Explore and celebrate in Fes with the gang on the final day and night
- A convenient option: additional nights in Marrakech and/or Fes.
- An ideal experience for teenagers traveling with dad and/or mom on a coming-of-age adventure.
A Photographer's Paradise
Over more than four decades of travel photography, Morocco remains one of Doug's favorite global photography destinations. If you love photography, have played around with it a bit and would like to take things to the next level, or have just "got the itch," this is the trip for you.
The sheer, extended sensory immersion - with Doug alongside - will morph into an indelible photographic upgrade. And will be crazy fun along the way.
- Wander two of Morocco's fabled medieval walled cities, Marrakech & Fes.
- Traverse Morocco's mountainous interior, into the edges of the vast Sahara.
- Experience Berber food & culture, canyons & gorges, day hikes & market visits, oases & kasbahs, camel riding & dune trekking, desert camping plus a taste of sultan-esque luxury.
- Escorted by a bilingual Berber guide and driver, we'll roam rugged terrain in a Toyota Land Cruiser or two, following a rather amazing itinerary, with rare freedom to adapt and flex, based on what we discover along the way.
The array of lodging gives a window into the breadth and texture of this experience:
- palatial kasbahs
- guest-house dars
- uber-rustic mountain gites
- Berber desert camps, and
- manor-house riads